“This is a Holy week and Easter like no other – but we are still the church, the family of God and below are some ways in which we can continue to connect at home through this time. Check out the ways you can take part or help your children and young people engage with the Easter story, the story we are part of and the important truth of that for our lives.” – Gillian Gilmore, IMYC
- This Easter, spend some time with family reflecting on the journey of Jesus to the cross and then to resurrection. Use this resource as a daily devotional for 4 days or as an alternative way of engaging in the story on Easter Sunday. Monologues, reflection sheets, questions and crafts can all be found here.
- Easter Sunday Family Service: we know many of you are connecting in new ways and continuing to worship with your own local church family. This is a little extra aimed at children and families by the TOM team – available from 9am on Easter Sunday morning (click here to access).
- Join the TOM team on Fridays around 12noon for a craft and story. (You can find these here).
- Don’t forget the TOM team action song videos can be found here.
- Children’s Easter resource – check out IMYC’s resource page on our website for past resources that will help you engage your children with the Easter Story (click here to access).
- Children’s crafts – check out IMYC’s pinterest. There are some specific Easter crafts here but also check out the crafts at home section, new ideas for simple crafts to do at home (click here to access).
Young people and Young adults
- Instagram – #Takeheart Videos – each day check out IMYC’s Instagram for some words of encouragement as IMYC volunteers share with you what it means to them to ‘take heart’ during these times. Follow IMYC at @imycd.
- IMYC’s online 24-7 prayer room: we believe that prayer makes a difference! So, we are inviting you to join us as we unite in prayer and cry out to God to heal our land and world. There are still some slots left here (if the slot you want is taken, just pray anyway and email us to let us know you are praying!).
- Stair Chats – Team on Mission podcast available every Wednesday where they discuss certain topics, answer your questions, set challenges and have a bit of fun. Available on Spotify, Youtube and Vimeo.
- Daily Devotionals – Team on Mission have been releasing daily devotionals through the season of Lent – check those out here.
- Sunday nights live from the Team on Mission House: Join the TOM team as we worship, pray and share together at 7pm on Sunday night through IMYC’s Facebook or Instagram.
- Spotify: Follow IMYC on Spotify for worship playlists, chosen by you, chosen by our volunteers and the Team On Mission (click here to open).