Shaping the Church for God’s Mission.
The Ambassadors programme has been designed to give young adults the opportunity to be a representative voice and advocate for children and young people within the life of the Methodist church in Ireland.
As an ambassador you will be an advocate for children, young people and IMYC, being a representative voice in various areas of ministry within the life of the Methodist Church in Ireland. You will have the opportunity to share the thoughts of children and young people in important conversations and be right at the heart of decision making.
This is key to all that we do as IMYC and as the Methodist Church in Ireland. Ambassadors will be part of our Methodist Church community as well as having the opportunity to serve within and build a community of young leaders who have a heart to see the voice of children and young people shape the church for God’s mission.
IMYC will invest in you as an ambassador by providing ongoing training and support that equips you for your role and encourages you to grow as a disciple. We will encourage you to use your gifts and provide opportunities for you to explore and learn.
As an ambassador, you will represent IMYC and the Irish Methodist Church at local, connexional and international level. You will also take a leadership role in connecting with, hearing from and sharing what you have heard from children and young people in order to inform the direction and focus of your role.
North Eastern District Ambassadors
Southern District Ambassadors
North Western District Ambassadors
- To listen to children and young people on their district and be a representative voice at local and connexional level, including annual conference
- To represent IMYC and the Irish Methodist Church at local, connexional and international level
- To encourage and promote participation of children and young people in the life of the church, at the very heart of decision making enabling them to take their place in Gods mission
- To connect and partner with other agencies and organisations in order to learn from and support their mission
- Give ambassadors opportunities to speak into wider conversations taking place within MCI and be part of decision making processes
- Invest in ambassadors by providing support and training
- Provide opportunities for ambassadors to engage with children and young people in order to hear their voice that will inform conversation and decisions
- Disciple and encourage ambassadors in their own journey
- Encourage active participation and release ambassadors to use their gifts in all areas of ministry within the church
- 3 ambassadors in each of the 3 Districts- totalling 9 ambassadors
- Each district team of 3 will work together to hear the voice of children and young people in their district, while also holding individual roles in other areas of ministry – the larger group of 9 will support one another, discuss what they are hearing and be a collective representative voice for children and young people at Methodist conference.
- Anyone aged 18 – 24 years old who is part of the Methodist Church in Ireland.
- IMYC will appoint individuals in consultation with the districts where appropriate
- Volunteer 2 or 3 Year long commitment (with stepping down possible if required or necessary)
- 1 weekend residential to begin the year (3rd-5th January 2020)
- 1 overnight / weekend in middle of year (18th – 19th April 2020)
- Attend conference in June (10th – 14th June 2020)
- Bi-monthly half-day or evening check-in (could be via skype)
- Other commitments role dependant* (committee or council meetings, youth forums etc…)
- IMYC will cover costs of the programme with mileage being paid for travel
- Leadership development, facilitation and listening skills, being attentive to the Spirit, exploring theology, Methodism, nurturing and developing a missional heart.
SHAPING THE CHURCH FOR GOD’S MISSION